Category: Retail - Planning
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
A rare opportunity has presented itself based right here in Perth. We are searching for an experienced Space Planner to create and maintain planograms for all product categories across all of their stores nationally. The role is newly created and it is a rare opportunity to choose and implement a new software system as well. Reporting directly to the CEO you will work closely with the buying team as well as suppliers to ensure sales and margin is maximised in the applications of product ranges into physical space in the store. The role is highly technical and analytical in ensuring that sales and profit are maximised and that the integrated system is implemented successfully.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Proactively manage a comprehensive catalogue of planograms suiting a wide variety of store layouts, sizes and customer demographics in a timely manner
- Develop useful demographics to develop more detailed planograms to enable the Store Managers to maximise their stores.
- Develop and maintain Store layouts and designs for stores within the existing network to maximise the brands income and ensure compliance with company standards.
- Work with the buying and planning team to assess how the retail space allocated to their departments should be maximised.
- Where category planograms are to be supplied by external parties develop the criteria under which their planograms should be supplied and ensure that they satisfy any criteria prior to sign off.
- Participate in store and competitor visits
- 2 - 3 years experience in this field
- 3-5 years experience in store operations or category management is an advantage
- Proven strong analytical skills
- Sound understanding of retail category management and store operations
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong cross team communications and team working are vital for this role
- Strong Planning and Organisational skills