Country Merchandise & Marketing Manager | NZ Based
Category: Retail - Buying
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Relocate to Auckland, NZ
- Top performing market leader | Global business
- Competitive salary & company benefits
My client is a market leading business operating throughout multiple markets, this is a pivotal role for the business and forms part of their senior executive team. Develop & achieve long-term strategic growth & profitability of product categories, through leadership of the Merchandise & Marketing team as a centre of expertise developed through industry insights.
- Sourcing - review/analyse ranges & ensure products are globally competitive & commercially sound
- Develop long range & competitive strategy by product categories
- Identifying and driving new business opportunities
- Inventory management - optimise stock levels, stock turns & return on assets
- Develop & maintain market pricing strategies
- Digital marketing - lead the business with market insights, digital marketing strategies & customer insights
- Ensuring this business maintains its edge in a competitive market sector
- Sales/promotional strategies & financial modelling
- Develop effective internal working relationships with cross functional team members to support and enhance category objectives and performance
- Financial performance - review financial categories & maximise profit and gross margin opportunities & return on investment for promotional plans
- Have strong Merchandise Management experience in B2B/B2C retail and/or FMCG industries
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills to devise a merchandising plan for multiple product areas & influence other departments
- High influence individual & can consult & make key decisions in an ever-changing market
- You will be dynamic with strong commercial acumen and incredibly customer centric
- Hands on leader, strong communicator & thrives on building teams up
- Be an Independent thinker, an outside the box thinker & have the ability to take risks with a calculated commercial view
- Proven experience in developing merchandise structure
To be considered for this highly desirable role you will have a good depth of Merchandise Management experience within the retail/FMCG sector, be innovative and commercially astute with strong analytical skills and most importantly - be able to lead a team of experienced Category Managers and take them to the next level.
Please note, this role is based in Auckland, New Zealand. Candidates must be willing and able to relocate.
Don't wait for this opportunity to pass you by, these types of roles do not come up regularly. Hit 'Apply Now' to register your interest or for a very confidential chat please call Rachel on 02 8001 1808.